Friday, November 29, 2013

Lives and LOLs of Architecture

Two new Landscape Architects at the office became inseparable friends. While others gave it many adjectives, I preferred to call their friendship deep rooted.
***

My Studio Head was conspicuously missing from his desk, so I walked up to Sreeni and asked, "Do you have any idea where Suraj might be right now?"
"No da macha, how would I know?" I got the reply.
"But I thought you were the one studying the Sun Path!"
***

It wasn't limited to facebook alone,  even lunch time conversations were about the power cuts in India. As I understood, the Northern Grid had failed, and was borrowing power from the Eastern Grid. When that too failed, the Minister for Power was dismissed. Positive that I had not grasped something, I enquired, "So they sacked the Minister because he was not designing as per grids?"
***

Walking out from the workshop all charged philosophically and architecturally, those who didn't head off to play cricket engaged in stimulating debates. When someone asked my opnion on "To be or not to be" I replied, "I want to finish this sketch, I'll take a 6B, thanks."


No comments:

Post a Comment